Thursday, July 13, 2006

When The Son Got 'Phak Tor'

It was a foursome at lunch today - my SIL, her mom, my son and I. SIL works as a nurse and we usually meet up for lunch or tea whenever she is available on her off-days.

As usual we were chatting, laughing and catching up on happenings and the conversation veered to another interesting subject - her youngest son who is in his first semester doing Hotel Management & Catering. Being the glutton that I am, I asked when can I get to test the boy's baking and cooking skills.

SIL laughed herself silly and said something like "Lei man man tang la" (You wait patiently la). So far, the son had baked a few cakes and some cookies at home but not a crumb dropped on the table. How so? Every cake and every jar of cookie had been sent over to the girlfriend's house! LOL

When SIL made noise about own family not getting to taste and enjoy his baking, the boy nonchalantly replied "You know how to bake what! Girlfriend and family do not know how to bake mah. And they also said they like my cakes very much. And before I forget, can you please stock up on the butter and cream cheese."

I cackled. SIL killed the cackling when she ventured something like, "Hello, you also got sons hor?"
 
posted by nyonyapenang at 9:22 PM, |

8 Comments:

  At 1:18 AM Anonymous Anonymous said:
hahahah..youngster nowadays girlfriend comes first ma sure "kan cheong" wan.
  At 7:51 AM Blogger scarxxx said:
hahaha... agreed with ace, now nowadays youngster like that wan la..
  At 9:23 AM Blogger Admin said:
dun worry, nxt time your daughter's boyfriend oso do the same for you.
  At 9:57 AM Blogger dreamie said:
phak torriiinngggg... time mah,
surely gal comes first lah !!
gf sure more precious than parents la...got cheebais wor
mati lah lidat. i better go and check out some old folks' home and perhaps place a booking. LOL
  At 3:05 PM Blogger sotongking said:
Nonit booked a place in oldfolk geh. If u manage to make the girl stand by ur side,then u say wat oso the son will do...
  At 5:22 PM Blogger Helen said:
Waaa, if I'm your SIL I'll give him one kick. lol