Friday, May 26, 2006

Late Again

Got to meet someone this morning at 9.00am near Ampang Point, so thought that if I start out at about 7.40am I should arrive in good time. LDP was OK with little hick-ups here and there but drove smack into a horrendous traffic snarl along the MRR. Aisehman! Literally crawling on the highway burning up fuel and early in the morning mood also turn bad ledi. Pay toll also jammed, don't pay toll get into worse jam and heard that toll rates may increase again! I was 15 mins late for my appointment - took me something like one & half hours to cover Damansara to Ampang.

Thank God! I don't work regular hours (as in 9 to 5), so I am normally on the road only after 9.15am and scoot home before 5.30pm. Friends and relatives from smaller towns sometimes asked how we city people tolerate spending hours commuting and some more gotta pay at so many toll gates. Told my folks in hometown that it is not unusual for me to pay about RM15 per day(sometimes more) for toll and parking - Toll RM1.50 here, RM1.00 there and another RM2.70 there and $$$$$ there, there, there....... plus parking fees everywhere. ' Like that, your gaji cukup makan ah?' they asked. What to do, I dunno how to ride a kapchai lah. Also scared shit of all the big lorries, buses, garbage trucks, delivery vans etc. etc

Make do only lah!
 
posted by nyonyapenang at 8:38 PM, |

0 Comments: